There is no better way to eat cocktail shrimp and pre-packaged sea scallops this dish. It’s even better the next day when leftovers are mixed with pasta. And even with a creamy sauce, this dish comes in well under 400 calories, so you can top it off with a little paremsan or even dip a single slice of calabrese bread.
1/2 lb sea scallops
1/2 lb cocktail shrimp
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
2 tbsns olive oil
1 tbsn minced garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup white wine
3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 tpn Italian seasoning
3 cups lightly packed fresh spinach
Optional: Cook pasta as normal while preparing the rest of the meal, if you want to serve as a pasta dish.
- Rinse scallops and shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both with salt and pepper.
- Heat ollive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook scallops first (cook on each side for apx 2 and 1/2 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add more olive oil and cook shrimp until they are pink on both sides. Transfer to the plate with the scallops.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds)
- Add broth, cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes. Add spinach and continue to simmer until spinach is wilted and sauce is lightly thickened (about 1-2 minutes)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return shrimp and scallops to skillet and add cream sauce.
- Pour over cooked pasta (linguine, spaghetti, fettucini)
This and other recipes are suggested for men following the Dad’s Diet strategy (copyright 2021). They are also served at the Artichoke Hart restaurant (New York Fried, copyright 2016) and sometimes served by 5-star chef London Cartwright (Menu of Passion, copyright 2017).