Okay, so not as tough as it sounds. When Artichoke Hart was stuck for a quick lunch, he would often turn to recipes he could whip up in a half hour or so. This one is easy, uses ready-made ingredients, but tastes gourmet. The Italian delegation actually loved it! (New York Fried, May 2019)
Braised Beef Ravioli (several manufacturers make it so don’t panic)
Onion soup mix (one packet)
1 cup water
1/4 cup Marsala wine (or Madeira or Sherry)
1 tbsp balsamic salad dressing (or vinegar)
1 cup (or small handful) of green beans, sliced into 1/3 inch pieces
1 tbsp corn starch (or flour)
2 tbsp water (to mix with corn starch)
- Cook the ravioli in boiling water to al dente
- Meanwhile, pour onion mix and 1 cup of water into skillet and slowly boil
- Add marsala and shredded carrots and turn to simmer.
- When cooler, mix cornstarch with cold water and slowly mix into skillet, stirring steadily till thickening is evident
- mix green beans with balsamic in a small bowl, then slide into the skillet and stir
When the sauce is thick, use a slotted spoon to place the (now cooked) ravioli into the skillet. Serve 6 or 7 ravioli to each plate. Serve with crusty bread alongside good dipping oil and vinegar. When presenting, be sure to have some carrot and beans on top of the ravioli.